Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"That is EXACTLY what I was thinking...right?"!

In response to the first presidential debate, I could not help from critiquing both candidates throughout -- not so much on substance, but on delivery. I was thinking Mitt Romney really came prepared with information and poise and the president came across less articulate than I have seen him in the past. I had these thoughts, but literally seconds after the debate concluded there were commentaries supporting what I thought I was thinking. I think I went from personally thinking that Romney did well, to seconds later knowing that he definitely "won" the debate. As I reflect on this in real time, I see how I can be easily persuaded by the media and their commentaries. Granted, I did think Romney's performance was more polished, but I now sit here thinking that the presidential race just got a bit tighter. I almost wished I would have paused the commentary to allow myself the couple minutes I needed to formulate my opinion through reflection -- something that I will definitely do next time so I am not left asking myself..."That is EXACTLY what I was thinking, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment